Many clients opt to create an exhibit that can be reused for multiple shows to get more bang for their buck. From a design perspective, this presents an exciting challenge.
Exhibitors who attend one specific event don't need to think about sizes and configurations for their booth. However, those who plan to participate in multiple shows need to think critically about creating an easily repurposed booth.
Here's how to make sure your design team has all the information it needs to create a booth that exceeds your trade show goals, again and again:
1. Research your potential trade show options in advance
Before beginning the process of planning your booth design, take into consideration the complete list of trade shows in your industry that you may consider attending as an exhibitor. Next, do your best to answer the following questions:
- How many trade shows will you participate in this year?
- Which booth sizes are typically available at these shows?
- Which booth spaces are you most likely to consider?
- Are there some shows where you'll potentially want a smaller booth space and others where you might prefer a larger exhibit?
- Will your booth features need to change from show to show? For example, will you need more meeting rooms or additional product sampling or demonstration space at a larger show? Will you display the same products at every event, or will your display requirements vary?
With all these details ironed out, a good design team can create a booth that is easy to reconfigure and rearrange for future trade shows on the horizon.
2. Consider your year-to-year budget
After finalizing all the details of your trade shows, it's time to take a closer look at your budget and map out how much you'd like to spend on your new trade show booth.
Investing in a high-quality reusable exhibit may take up a portion of your budget this year, but going into the next year without booth design and manufacturing expenses could potentially open up new opportunities for trade show marketing.
Having mapped out which trade shows you'll likely attend, you can begin to estimate possible costs for booth space, shipping, drayage, labor, travel, and more. These estimated costs are necessary for any trade show marketing plan, but they can also help with the booth design process. The allocations in your budget will serve as a reference point for your booth design team.
For example, if you have a certain amount allocated toward shipping, your design team can ensure that your exhibit fits in a certain number of containers to keep those costs within your budget.
Be upfront with your design team from the beginning so that everyone is on the same page throughout the process.
3. Find a balance between high-quality materials and special features
Your multipurpose booth won't be a good investment if it falls apart before you make it to the last trade show of the year. Thus, it's crucial to find the balance between using high-quality building materials while still keeping costs at a minimum.
Communicate with your exhibit designers to find a happy medium between high-quality (and typically more costly) materials and the extra decorative or functional features you're hoping to implement.
There's always a way to balance costs and create an eye-catching, engaging, AND long-lasting booth. Make sure you articulate your expectations clearly and consider the following questions:
- How long would you like to use this same exhibit?
- How many setups and teardowns do you expect to complete?
- Which in-booth features are must-haves?
- Which aspects of the booth are less of a priority and can be interchangeable?
Once you've established your spending limits and expectations, your design team will be able to work on your booth within those parameters. Remember, the possibilities are endless when it comes to designing and creating your booths!
Choose the right team
Partnering with a dynamic, professional design team is always important, but it's especially impactful when you're creating a booth that will be a frequent element in your marketing strategy.
Exhibit Options has the experience and creativity needed to design versatile, high-quality booths that meet your trade show goals and budget. To see what we can do for you, reach out today. We're happy to show you what's possible!