UPDATE Moving Online
IFT: Next Steps
Due to COVID-19, IFT has decided on a virtual format. While we await the details for attendees, here’s some information on what exhibitors can do now.
IFT is automatically rolling over your booth fees for IFT21, which will happen July 18-21, 20201 in Chicago, IL.
IFT is encouraging exhibitors to hold off on requesting for refunds, but if you’d like to request one, contact email@example.com.
OverviewThe IFT20 Expo takes place in Chicago, Illinois from July 13-15, 2020
- Your target market is there: Over 23,000 food science professionals from around the globe will be in attendance at IFT20.
- Attendees are ready to buy: According to IFT, more than 84% of attendees are decision-makers or influencers. They attend the expo “with the purpose to seek new partners for immediate transactions and near-term solutions.”
- Exhibitors have perks: Exhibitors receive a full mailing list, passes to scientific and applied sessions, media kit/press conference tools, exposure in pre-show materials, and more.
New This year
- New Exhibitor Pavillion: Buyers can locate fresh opportunities on a floor dedicated to the newest IFT exhibitors.
- Priority Points Opportunity: Any exhibitor who reserves hotel rooms inside of IFT’s official room block via Experient, by April 30, 2020, will receive an additional five priority points to be used for IFT21 booth selection.
Feast Your Eyes: Booth Design Trends
Want to outshine the competition at IFT 2020? You’ll need to stay ahead of the trends! Here are our top trade show tips for booth design this year:
- Experiential Booths - Elaborately themed booths provide an immersive experience for attendees that transports them beyond the walls of the trade show hall. Draw crowds at IFT20 by creating a world of your own.
- Exhibits that Tell a Story - As marketing shifts to embrace a more organic, customer-centric buyer’s journey, so have trade show exhibits. Rather than acting as a four-walled billboard, use a thoughtful layout to tell your brand story while guiding attendees through your exhibit.
- Cause Marketing: Tap into the power of cause marketing by aligning your booth with a cause relevant to your brand. Issues like sustainability, nutrition, hunger, and more are industry-relevant topics that add a caring dimension to your exhibit.
- The “Un-Booth” - Create a hangout space, a snacking station, a tasting room, a dance party fueled by your brand’s beverage—anything but a booth! Your “un-booth” is sure to draw attendees by offering an experience rather than just a product. (Check out our pictures at the bottom of this blog to see the "un-booth" booth)
|Monday, July 13||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday, July 14||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday, July 15||10:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Thursday, February 6, 2020||Final booth payment is due|
|Wedneday, April 22, 2020||Booth layout (dimensions) submission to the Exhibit manager for approval|
|Wednesday, July 8, 2020||Earliest move-in date|
|Thursday, June 11, 2020||The advance warehouse opens. Direct freights being received starting 8:00 AM|
|Sunday, July 12, 2020||Exhibitors must have crates labled and their exhibits/products completely set up by 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday, July 15, 2020||Exhibitors may begin dismantling at 4:01 PM - 10:00 PM|
|Friday, July 17, 2020||Shipments must be picked up by|
Things You Should Know
- Endcap, Extended Header and Peninsula booths are not allowed.
- For island booths 20x20 ft or larger with aisles on all four sides
- All island booths must meet the IAEE and IFT regulations
- If you are using the same booth as the previous years, you are still required to submit an updated plan.
- Submitting photographs is not acceptable.
- Failure to provide diagrams by the deadline date may result in the company being denied set-up onsite or forfeiture of booth space
- Exhibitors or its representatives working past 5:00 p.m. during move-in or move-out must complete an Authorization Form which may be obtained from any Floor Manager on the exhibit floor. See page 9 in IFT Rules and Regulations
- Self- Loading/Unloading ASUV at Exhibition Hall
- Hand Carry Items Option - From Parking Lot
- Material Handling:
McCormick Place Chicago allows exhibitors to unload/load from automobiles and small utility vehicles at designated docks using only non-motorized, non-hydraulic, hand trucks and dollies. Visit the McCormick Place ASUV page to check if your vehicle meets the criteria.
- Exhibitors will be allowed to enter the show floor from 8:00 a.m. - 2 hours prior to the opening of the expo
- Exhibitors may stay on the show floor until 7:00 p.m. - 2 hours after the show closes Monday – Tuesday
- Shared Booth Space: To be eligible as a shared company, the shared company must be a division or subsidiary of the contracted exhibitor and must be legally affiliated.
IFT is the only official provider of the attendee mailing list. Exhibitors should exercise extreme caution if you receive a phone or email advertising the sale of this list. Please forward any solicitations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exhibitor Dashboard
- Floor plan
- Rules and Regulations
- Mobile App and Online Planner - Available in June 2020
Need a hand?
Want to get in on the action at IFT20? Exhibit Options is a full-service exhibit house with solutions and trade show tips for any of your exhibiting needs. We’re equipped to take your booth concept from rendering to reality, and we provide trade show services such as shipping, assembly, take-down, and more.
Please reach out with any questions!